If you are a minor (under the age of 18), you can use this Site only with the consent and under the supervision of your parents or legal guardians. If you are a minor, please do not submit any personal information to this Site. IF YOU ARE 13 YEARS OR YOUNGER, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITE OR ANY OF ITS SERVICES FOR ANY PURPOSE.
Information We Collect
Your Contact and Request Information. To fully use our services, you may choose to contact us via the Site by entering your contact information and/or requesting a proposal for services. You agree that by doing so you agree to provide us with your contact information and certain other personal information. Any information you provide becomes the property of Black Lake Security, LLC; therefore, do not provide confidential or proprietary information until you have contractually engaged us for services.
Automatic Browser Information. We automatically collect some information when you visit our websites, navigate our webpages, or use our services and applications. This information does not reveal your identity but may include information about the device you use. We collect this information to maintain the security and operation of our services and applications and to create analytical data for reporting purposes. We may collect:
- IP address and IP address location data (city, state, country, zip code, time zone)
- Browser (browser name, browser version, browser extensions, and compatibility information)
- Device characteristics (device name, phone model
- Operating system properties (OS name, screen size, screen orientation, display aspect ratio)
- Language preferences
- Referring URLs
Our Use of Your Information
Legitimate Business Needs. We use the information collected on you for legitimate business interests, to enter into or perform a contract with you, to provide a service for you, and/or to meet our legal obligations. The business purposes for the processing of your personal information is listed below:
- Account Creation: Upon your choice you may link your account with us to a third party account (Google, Facebook). We use the information you allow us to access from those accounts to facilitate account creation and the login process.
- Marketing Material: We (and our third party marketing partners) may use your personal
- Information to send marketing or promotional materials when you have opted into our
- Marketing and promotional preferences. You may change your marketing/promotions preference.
- Products and Service Information: We may use your information to send you product or
- Service information such as new products or services, changes to products or services, and changes to our policies, terms, and conditions.
- Order Fulfillment/Service Delivery: We may use your information to delivery services to you orto manage and fulfill your orders, payments, returns and exchanges through either our provided services or applications.
- Post Testimonials: We may use your information to post testimonials about our services or applications. CONSENT: Prior to posting a testimonials we will obtain your permission to use your name and testimonials. ACCESS: If you wish to review testimonials you have provided you may do so through the application interface or by contacting us at
- PrivacyOfficer@BlacklakeSecurity.com. Please include your name, testimonial subject/service, and contact information.
- Deliver Targeted Advertising: We (and third parties we work with) may use your information to create and display content and advertising customized to meet your interests or location.
- Manage Contests: We may use your information to manage contests or prize drawings if you elected to participate in these contests.
- Requested Feedback: We may use your information to contact you when you request your feedback or we request feedback from you on our services and applications.
- Enforce Security: We may use your information to ensure the security of our services and applications (e.g., fraud prevention and monitoring)
- User-to-User Communications: We may your information in order to implement user-to-user communications through our applications.
- Enforce Terms & Conditions; We may use your information in order to enforce our terms and conditions (e.g., xxxxx0
- Legal Response: We may be required to review and even share your data if we receive a subpoena or other legal request.
- Account Maintenance/Support: We may use your information to respond to inquiries, solve potential issues, manage and maintain your account.
- Other Business Purposes: We may use your information for a variety of other business
- Purposes such as data analysis, evaluation of our services and applications, marketing,
- Identifying usage trends, or measuring marketing campaign effectiveness.When we use your data in this way, we store it and aggregate it in an anonymized form.
Account Termination. If you request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account information from our active data stores. However, some information may be retained for legitimate security purposes such as to prevent fraud, troubleshoot issues, assist with investigations, enforce our terms and conditions, or to comply with legal requirements.
Our Disclosure to Third Parties
We use practices that are consistent with standards in our industry to protect your privacy. We cannot, however, promise that your personally identifiable information submitted via the Site will remain private. For example, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions on our Site. We do not sell or rent any personally identifiable information about you to any third party. The following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed.
Specific Businesses with Whom We Share. We may share and disclose your information with the following categorized third-parties:
- Advertising, Direct Marketing, and Lead Generation: (e.g., Google AdSense)
- Affiliate Marketing Programs (e.g., Amazon Affiliation)
- Third-Party Account Connections (e.g., Amazon)
- Cloud Computing Services (e.g., Amazon Web Services)
- User Chat Services (e.g., Constant Contact)• Content Optimization (e.g., GitHub social plugins)
- Data Backup and Security (e.g., Dropbox Backup)
- Function and Infrastructure Optimization (e.g., GitHub Pages)
- Invoice and Billing (e.g., Amazon Payments)
- Retargeting Platforms (e.g., Facebook Remarketing)
- Social Media Sharing and Advertising (e.g., Facebook advertising)
- User Account Registration and Authentication (e.g., Facebook Login)
- User Comments (e.g., Facebook comments)
- Web and Mobile Analytics (e.g., Facebook Analytics)
- Website Hosting (e.g., WordPress.com)
- Website Performance Monitoring (e.g., Datadog)
Law Enforcement. We may disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability.
EEA Rights. In some regions such as the EEA, you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These rights include:
- Right to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information.
- Right to request corrections or deletion
- Right to restrict the processing of your personal information; and
- Right to data portability.
- To exercise any of these rights firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority if you believe that we have unlawfully processed your personal information. To complain, contact them through the contact information provided here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
California Resident Clauses. If you are a resident of the State of California you have the following rights:
- Personal Information Disclosure Report: Once a year and free of charge you may request and obtain from us, information regarding the categories of personal information we disclosed to third parties in the previous calendar year. To make a request for this information email email@example.com.
- Under 18 Data Removal: If you are under the age of 18 and have a registered account with us, you may request the removal of unwanted data that you publicly posted on our services or applications. To request this removal email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California.
Withdrawal Consent. If we rely on your consent to process your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time. To request a consent withdrawal modify your preferences on our account or contact us at email@example.com.
Account Information Review. If at any time you would like to review or change your account information or terminate your account you may login to your account settings and update your user account record or other information associated with your user account or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookie Preferences. Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you wish to disable this feature you may set your browser to remove and reject cookies. If you choose this browser setting, it could affect some features of our services and applications.
Email Preferences. You may unsubscribe to any of our marketing email lists at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails we send or by contacting us at email@example.com. If you have unsubscribed to our marketing email lists we may still need to contact you regarding our services or for administration of your account.
Data Breach Process
We have implemented the following process with respect to a data breach:
- Definition: A privacy breach is unauthorized access to or collection, use, disclosure or disposal of personal information.
- Investigation: In the event that we become aware of a security breach which resulted or may likely result in unauthorized access, use or disclosure of personal information, we will promptly investigate the matter and notify the appropriate authorities not later than 72 hours after having become aware of the security breach, if the security breach is likely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
- Notification: You will be notified about a data breach affecting your personal information within 30 days and in a format that meets laws and regulations using contact information we have for you.